For 7 years, Eastwood has been sort of my third home. Actually it can be my second home. There was a time when I spent more hours there than in my mom’s place in Las Pinas. For 7 years, I’ve seen how the place transformed. I have so much memory in that place. And now that our office have moved to Ortigas, I have no choice but go with the flow.
Yes, I’m finally saying goodbye to Eastwood and I’m not yet ready! Anyway, here are 7 things I will miss about it.
- The commute, specially the rides to Cubao. My commute from home to Eastwood is not really easy but I enjoy it. I like the rides to Cubao because it allows me to window shop in the tiangges in Farmers. Sometimes I not only window shop but really takes home something. And when that happens, my stress level goes down. Retail therapy works wonders.
- Air21. Being an owner of an online store, having a courier nearby allows me to easily ship items that are already paid.
- Kantineta. While we only discovered this food place last year and sometimes I get fed up with their menu, I will still miss them. From what I heard, there’s none in the new office that offers a decent food with the same price as Kantineta.
- Lunch dates with Gabby. My sister started working in Eastwood last summer and it is sad that when we’re just starting to enjoy each others company, I went on maternity leave and now moved to another workplace. We haven’t dine at every single resto available there!
- Watsons. I like it that I can buy personal effects that I forget to get from the grocery when I needed to. Sure there are malls near the new office but nothing beats something you pass by every single day.
- The restos and the shops. I don’t usually shop at the expensive shops nor dines often but the thought of having them very near is something. When I want to have a quick break from work, I have lots of choices to go to.
- A ride with hubby. Now that my office is out the way, hubby will no longer be able to bring me to the office nor pick me up. Less bonding time for the two of us.