I knew that already but still decided to try smoking back in my college days. I think I was in second college when I started. I tried it because I want to get a first hand experience of what smokers feel when they lit a stick. Also, I guess I wanted to belong since many of my classmates then have this vice. Since I only have enough money for my daily expenses, I never bought my own cigarette, ever. I only smoke when somebody gives me a stick. I guess that is a factor why I was able to stop smoking for good. Plus I clearly know that it will not do me any good.
Here are some facts why smoking is dangerous.
- Smoking gives you bad breathe, gum disease and tooth decay. If you smoke, do not get surprised when people talk to you at a distance or cover their mouth when you open yours.
- Smoking affects how oxygen is transported to the brain and can cause headache that can lead to stroke.
- When smoke passes through a smokers chest, the chemicals in it attack the bronchi and can later on develop into severe coughing. When the bronchi are weaken, infection can easily build up. When infection build up, it can lead to lung cancer.
- Smokers are also at the risk of getting high blood pressure and stroke. Nicotine, a substance found in cigarettes, rises the blood’s pressure and makes the blood clot easily. Carbon monoxide robs the blood of oxygen and leads to the development of cholesterol deposits on the artery walls.
- Smoking also affects fertility. It also affects the development of an unborn child in a mother’s womb.
I could go on in enumerating bad effects of smoking but I know, these can already make you stop smoking now. Do not let smoking reduce your life span by ten-twelve years. Quit now while it is not yet too late.
Pinay Mama says
Smokers will not quit easily unless they feel like dying already.. You can tell them all the bad effects of smoking but I assure you they are not going to stop. They will only stop when they feel something bad is already going on inside their body.
c5 @ battlingasthma.info says
If smokers want to smoke to death, that is their problem. Just don’t include others who do not want to have a share of their 2nd hand smoke, which is more worse than the first, obviously.
This is why I didn’t even consider trying out a stick of cigarette.. 🙂 I’m fortunate too to have a non-smoking family and well as non-smoking circle of friends. Btw, thanks for sharing this sis. I hope any smoker who reads this will consider breaking the habit.
Mommy Pehpot says
smoking is really! I also tried smoking when I was in college, stopped when I got pregnant with my first born, then smoked again after my 2nd born then stopped when I got pregnant with my 3rd.. I want to smoke again then I got pregnant with sati.. so I took the cue.. if I will smoke again, I will get pregnant again haha
Pinay Mama says
Hahahahaha! you never smoke again after having Sati?
Donna Jane Marcuap says
Yeah, smoking does not only affect the SMOKER but the other people who inhales the smoke accidentally, for instance in the house. So do not be selfish, the life you may save maybe yours or to your best buddy or dear ones.