Early this week, my youngest sister kept on asking me when are we heading here in Las Pinas for our vacation. It turned out that she will be giving me free tickets to Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol that is only valid until yesterday, December 21 at a movie theater in Alabang.
You see, my husband and I are not fond of watching movies in theaters. Must be the price or we do not have time alone or simply, it is just not us. The first movie we saw together with my family was a Metro Manila Film Festival, around this time 6 years ago. The most recent one was when we celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary last August, this time with our girls. We watched Smurfs in 3D. Hubby and Ayex enjoyed it but I ended up chasing Maxyn who I brought at the top of the balcony because she did not want to stay still in her seat anymore. Now that I remember that, it makes me want to appeal again to movie theaters not to charge children below two-years-old. We paid PhP300 for Maxyn who did not really watched the movie. We had no choice then but to bring her along.
So we watched Ghost Protocol yesterday. We left the girls with my mom, sister and brother. At first Maxyn cried and I can hear her as we walk away from our house but we continued. It has been a while since hubby and I went out just the two of us. We arrived twenty five minutes late to the movie but we still decided to get in. Thankfully, we did not miss that much. We still saw all the action scenes. I liked this movie because it is not bloody. It is action but with a hint of comedy. It’s the right mix of thriller that I like.
Here are my favorite lines:
- “Remember, blue means glue.” “And when it’s red?” “Dead.”
- Look after her. Why me? Because if I do, I’ll kill her. (Jane handling Sabine to Benji) (not the exact lines)
My favorite scenes are:
- The aerial view of the Dubai dessert. It is simply magnificent. I like that they show details of the cities.
- The sand storm scene. I’ve never seen a sand storm in my life. I love how it ate the whole city and covered everything including the outdoor bench.
- Jane and Sabine’s fight scene. I find this sexy. I really have a thing with female agents. I wonder if they got really hurt from throwing each other on those hotel benches indoor.
- The car park scene also made me wow. Actually, not the scene itself but the car park.
Among all the Mission Impossible movies, I think this is the best. It’s action from beginning to end. I just love it.
Haven’t watch it 🙂 sure it’s good 🙂 nice lines ! love it 🙂
oh! i would really really love to watch this on the big screen!