As you may have noticed, I now have my own domain. I was really hesitant at firsy due to a lot of things, the PR and the price of a domain on the top of my list. But then again, I really want to maximize my chances on getting paid-to-post opportunities so I listened to Mommy Pehpot.
After she helped me configure the domain, her post is really helpful, I thought I was done. Wrong! I forgot to do the following, that’s why my blog was somehow messed up for a while.
- Update your feeds. You should now use your blog’s new URL.
- Update all your blog list. I have several blog list widgets and for a while, they contain nothing. That’s the reason why my sidebars seemed shorter.
- Update your PR checker. I initially thought I didn’t lost my PR. I was happy of course but deep inside I know something is not right. Then it occurred to me that I should change my codes.
- Update all other site statistics you have. My Alexa ranking dropped from 200k to a million and I am really hoping to regain everything. I feel like something is wrong with my Top Blogs code because I’ve in 233 spot since I acquired my domain even though I update most of the time.
- Update all your site’s links. Bloggers love to exchange links. You should take an initiative to ask your co-bloggers to update your site’s URL in their blogs. This includes your badge.
That’s everything I did so far. If you think I missed anything, feel free to post your tip here as well so we can all be informed. Thanks a bunch!