My eldest was diagnosed with Stage 1 Dengue Fever last May. All along I thought we are immune for this kind of sickness but when my daughter was hospitalized, I realized that nobody is. Everyone is a delicious target of dengue-carrying mosquitoes. After that incident, I make sure none in my family will ever again be hospitalized due to Dengue Fever,
- Keep our surroundings clean. No stagnant water should ever be found in the house and near us.
- No more hanging or wet clothes in the bathroom. I noticed that when I remove hanged clothes in the bathroom, a mosquito or two will fly around. They like hiding in these stuff so we removed them already.
- Spray the whole house with mosquito killer once every week, when the kids are not around. We do this when all of us are going out so we will not smell the odor of the mosquito spray.
- Regular fumigation was also organized by the village association.
- Kids cannot go out without applying mosquito repellent. Also, they only go out in their pyjamas, no shorts when playing outside.
- I give them vitamins regularly to boost their immune system.
Don’t let you or one of your love ones become a victim of these dengue-carrying mosquitoes.