Are your kids the sweaty type of children? Mine are, specially Alex! I always notice how the area between her lips and nose becomes sweaty even when we just finished taking a bath. That happens even when it is not summer here in the Philippines. And we all know that when kids are sweaty, they are very prone to getting cough and/or colds because their sweat dries on their back without us knowing. So here are a few things I do to keep my children away from being sick this summer.
1. Put powder at their back right after taking a bath. My children are prone to asthma because I am asthmatic. So that they will have less chance of inhaling powder particles, I apply them while their body is still damp. After that, I re-apply powder about twice to thrice a day, on a damp cloth then to their back.
2. Make children wear light clothing. This allows air to pass through their bodies more, which can lessen sweating.
3. Put towel at their back and make sure to check it every now and then. The towel will absorb the sweat from your child’s body but you have to check it because if you don’t, the towel can get wet of sweat and still dry on your kid’s back.
4. Keep your children hydrated. When they sweat a lot, they should drink more water. Water therapy also prevents cough and colds.
5. Double-dose on Vitamin C. Prevention is I think the best cure of all.
Pinay Mama says
I don’t use powder because it makes Elijah smell maasim (sour smell). 🙂 He doesn’t like to wear sando or t-shirt during the day maybe because it’s hotter when he his clothes are on. I also do not have any problem when it comes to drinking of water because he ask for water every minute. 🙂
Thanks for the tip! Now I know we are doing the right thing 🙂
Mommy Pehpot says
that’s one way to make sure our kids are protected, Vitamin C! and of course they always wear cotton sandos specially on playtime 🙂
as what i’ve told you, i don’t have kids yet. but your tips are also applicable to adults like me, so thank you for sharing! ^_^
Sammy @ Sugah Momma says
I agree, prevention is definitely better than cure! Thanks for sharing the tips. We basically just make sure we drink LOTS Of water, and take our daily dose of Vitamin C.
mommy levy says
my son take his dose of Vitamin C twice a day too. These are great tips thanks for sharing!
I always have all those handy! Summer is really a challenge for kids noh? Especially since they’re always out and about and think that making them stay put is a punishment 🙁
Martine | Work at Home Mom Writer says
Thanks for the tips! I don’t use powder, though, as my kid and I are prone to asthma. But all your other tips apply very well in my situation. 🙂