Mon and I still have that habit of celebrating our “monthsary”, which is every 19th of the month. When we were planning our monthsary some time last week, MIL mentioned that it’s their anniversary as well. So Mon said we’ll just go to Slice and Dice (a steakhouse that we’ve been planning to visit since-i-can’t-remember-anymore) for dinner and grab some ice cream on our way home probably. That conversation happened before Saturday.
April 19, Saturday morning, we realized that we didn’t have any car (no, taxi is not an option) that we can use to go to Slice and Dice for dinner. So I said I’ll just cook the pasta at dinner time and probably my home-made buffalo chicken. (I was really planning to cook pasta for Mon for breakfast but I was too lazy to get out of bed.)
So that was the plan. We went to CMC for Ayex’s vaccination for Hepatitis A. After that we went home and Ayex and I spend the whole afternoon in bed. Hooooray! Mon on the other hand went out to buy chicken and a couple of other things. So to cut this story short, let me present to you the recipes I prepared for our dinner.
This recipe is based on Ms. Connie’s pasta recipe with prawns.
- 1 pack 400 grams uncooked pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 cloves of garlic (big)
- 2 cups all purpose cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cans of century tuna
- 1 can of button mushroom (medium)
- Cook the pasta and separate.
- While the pasta cooks, finely chop the garlic, mince the tuna and cut the mushroom.
- Heat the pan. Once it’s hot, put in the butter.
- When the butter has melted, put in the garlic. Cook until brown.
- Put the all purpose cream. Simmer.
- Put the tuna, mushroom and parmesan cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix and simmer.
- After 3 minutes, put the cooked pasta in the pan. Mix well so that every strand is well coated with sauce.
- Serve after 3 minutes.
This serves 6-8 people.
Buffalo Chicken ala Burgoo
- 1 pack Del Monte Fried Chicken Mixes
- 2 pcs half part of chicken
- 1 bottle sweet and spicy dip
- vegatable oil
- Prepare the chicken by cutting each half into 2-3 parts.
- Put the chicken in a casserole with water.
- Half-cook the chicken.
- Follow the instructions at the back of Del Monte Fried Chicken Mixes for the marinade, batter and breading.
- When all is set, heat the pan. Use something that you can deep fry.
- Make sure that the pan is already hot before putting in the chicken so it won’t stick to it.
- Cook the chicken until the outside is golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and drain the excess oil.
- Put the chicken in a bowl and coat it with the sweet and spicy dip.
- Arrange the chicken in a clean plate.
This serves 6 people.